Sunday, October 3, 2010

3D Videos: Monologue, Uncomfortable, and Live

A very sad story.....

This was my third attempt.  The first two were really bad.  It was hard for me to get used to being in front of the camera, so I decided to talk about something I felt strongly about.  My sad story of living in a home under construction was easy because all the props were already there.




Watching...watching...watching...

I thought about this one for days before I started filming.  I thought about the evil eye or someone just watching you, so I tried a close up shot with a wide open eye for more drama.  I liked the fact that it was out of focus.  I spent a lot of time trying to make this one better.  For some reason there was always some noise in the background that interrupted the silence and I could never hold my eye open this long again.  I thought the sound of the bird was a little eery, so if I had to go with a noise it was better than the ice maker.



Live performance...Nerf

For my live performance, I thought about doing some paper cutting but as I rehearsed, it was boring and I wasn't having fun.  I remembered taking my kids to see Shamu at Fiesta Texas and they threw water on the crowd in front.  This gave me the idea to engage the audience.  My first thought was to use a water cannon but couldn't find one and so I thought about using a nerf gun.  Everybody loves nerfs and so I rehearsed a skit that would incorporate playfully shooting the audience with nerf darts.  I thought this would be fun for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment