Saturday, November 27, 2010

3D Sontag Writing Assignment






a)  The purpose of the photo was to capture the innocence of childhood.  A day at the beach building sand  castles and jumping the waves.
b)  This is my nephew. We take walks on the beach and I let him take pictures with my camera.  It is interesting to see what he chooses to shoot.
c)  It is intended to be viewed mostly by family but it could have meaning for others outside of the family.  Many people have memories of their own beach experiences.  For me, this is one of those moments in time and will become more valuable as he grows up.




a)  I don't have many pictures of myself because I am usually the one taking the pictures.  The purpose was to capture me with my feet in the water (if come upon water, I have to get in).  This was after a long, hot day of hiking and we found a place to cool our piggies.
b)  It was taken by one of my sisters on our yearly hiking trip together.  I like this one because I am a few years younger and a few pounds lighter.
c)  This is a vacation photo.  It is to be enjoyed by my sisters and I to document our girl trips together and memories of the laughter and fun we shared.  We will probably enjoy it even more when we can no longer hike.



a)  The purpose is humor.  My husband sent me an email with many of these types of photographs and it makes more of an impact when viewing them all together.  I think it is fun and I wander if it was staged or not.  I think it would be funnier if it was not.
b)  That's the thing, does the photographer know this man or was it just an instant he happened upon.
c)  This will be a funny photo for anyone viewing it for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment