- Process piece - the creating process is the point not the end result. It usually ends up as abstract.
- Use other interests to incorporate into your art such as psychology, philosophy, science, etc.
- Tools used to make art: paint, graphics, film, animations, text, photography
- Evolution of art - use of clocks, salt shaker tops, language diagrams, circles with holes, cylinders, TVs, planets.
- Repetitive use of objects thorough out works
- Theatre and mystery plays important role in his art, also science and the macabre.
- Uses found objects - suitcases, shadow boxes, combines sculpture with photography, functional clock making, skulls, bird wings, ouija boards
- Very skilled in woodworking
- Works with history, modifies objects original use
- Impulse to chop works, influence from building choppers (sculpture) in his early life.
- Early works combined sculpture and photography, now work with them separately.
- Objects have a story - everyone experiences through their own history
- Nostalgic - use of comforting objects to hold on to the past
- Use of salt and wax as preservation of history
- The Bridge Club and performance art, influenced by the 1990s Jenny cam and virtual space
- Makes the viewer and performer roles ambiguous
- Currently using ideas of rugs, persian garden designs, taking outside inside as in installation The Distance using dirt, salt, and light bulbs